This year, we are planning a small-ish get together with neighborhood friends and their kids. It’s the perfect night for an “appetizer-heavy” menu, and we’re making a bunch of appetizers to snack on throughout the night including this recipe for baked brie.
Of course, no party would be anything without cheese. Rather than put out a cheese plate, I love a baked brie for everyone to pick on. Pair it with crustinis, crackers or a sliced baguette and you have the perfect snack for any guest.
Baked Brie with Puff Pastry
- Puff pastry dough (I get mine in the frozen food aisle)
- Dried cranberries (optional)
- Brie cheese – get the full “wheel.” No need to worry about the rind, you can bake it in.
- Jam or preserves. Personally, I like peach, but raspberry and strawberry are delicious too!
- Walnuts. I omit the walnuts because of food allergies in our home, and without the walnuts, it is just as good.
- Thaw puff pastry dough and roll out.
- Place a dollop of jam at the center of the puff pastry, place brie on top.
- Spread more jam/preserves on top of the brie. Sprinkle with cranberries and walnuts.
- Fold the puff pastry over the jam/nuts/berry mixture. Pinch to close.
- Drizzle the honey on top of the puff pastry.
- Bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes.
This is just one recipe for the ultimate New Year’s Eve Party menu! We’ve got your whole plan set for you! Here’s the complete list of recipes and ideas to make your party amazing:
NYE Steak Bites: Cindy from Whatever Works
Baked Brie: Erica from No Sleep Til College
Antipasta Bars: Lindsay from Naughty Mommy
Sausage and Cheese Crescents: Lauryn from A Vintage Mom
Brown Sugar Sausages: Carrie from Chockababy
The Perfect Sweet:
Pumpkin White Chocolate Tarts: Heather from Real: The Kitchen and Beyond
Memorable Activity for Kids:
New Year’s Eve Ideas for Kids: Barb from A Life in Balance
Check out the whole party plan and let me know what you’ve got planned for the New Year!